“We are deeply saddened by the loss of our dear friend and colleague, Andy Whitfield,” Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement Sunday night. “We were fortunate to have worked with Andy in `Spartacus’ and came to know that the man who played a champion on-screen was also a champion in his own life.”
- Ep 101 Red Serpent – A Thracian warrior, enlisted by the Romans to fight, has his destiny seized by an act of rebellious violence. As punishment, he faces death by being forced to battle in the gladiatorial arena.”
- Ep 105 Shadow Games – Batiatus (John Hannah) is presented with a gladiatorial opportunity of a lifetime. Spartacus (Andy Whitfield) and Crixus (Manu Bennett) must overcome their mutual hostility to fight as a team against a legendary and unbeaten opponent.
- Ep 107 Great And Unfortunate Things – Overcome by the pressure of Batiatus’s control, Spartacus must make a choice: leave his past behind and assume the mantle of a champion gladiator, or die.
- Ep 110 Party Favors – Spartacus and Crixus are set up to fight in an exhibition match for Numerius’ birthday – but Crixus is intent on blood.
- Ep 113 ‘Kill Them All’ – Spartacus’ fury culminates in the stunning unforgettable season finale.